Wishing you all peace, joy and a reasonable amount of merriment this holiday season.
Geordie and Edgar are, as you can see, anxiously waiting for Santa. There is a rumour that the man in red is bringing them each a cosy new bed.
I am still in my cast of course, so no far-ranging adventures until the foot heals. Luckily Marvin and Mavis come by several times a day to check in and assure me that they’ve both been very good crows this year.
Edgar wanted me to share with you some of his top tips for the having the best sort of holiday season …
- Do lots of bird watching (or whatever brings you joy)
- Keep up with your napping schedule
- Listen to “Drinking White Wine in the Sun” by Tim Minchin (or your favourite holiday tune) and sing along
- Don’t worry about the dusting, or anything else that seems overwhelming and/or not fun. Domestic triage is key.
- Once the gravy is made, you’re entitled to a drink with rum in it
. . . OK, so those last few might have been me . . .
You can actually make up your own rules. I’m pretty sure Edgar’s good with that.