It’s smoky out there (though nothing near as bad as the air quality closer to the wildfires in other parts of BC and the Northwest Territories) so I’m staying inside making a second blog post for the day.
These are photos taken this morning as the red, smoky sun rose over East Vancouver. In capturing these moments I was imagining a message from the crows.
Yet another message to wake up — to a new day; to the undeniable reality of climate change; to the need to make changes now.
That’s already too many words from me, so here are the crows …
I sometimes feel a bit immobilized by hopelessness, but the crows are not impressed by my ennui.
Get off your butt, say the crows, so here are a few ideas for action (mostly for myself.)
- Ten tips from David Suzuki Foundation on fighting climate change
- Donate to charities helping the environment
- Put a water bowl out to help your local birds and wildlife (Bongo specifically told me to add that one)
- Donate to the Red Cross BC Fires Appeal
- Write a letter to a politician about the need to make changes now, not later (I’m going to aim for one letter a week.)
© junehunterimages, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to junehunterimages with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.